Saturday, April 10, 2010

Practical Scrappers Card Sketch


The current card sketch at Practical Scrappers is just awesome! I really enjoyed making this Thank You card.....(I need to mail it! I keep forgetting!). Be sure to go here to see the sketch and all of the other amazing cards that have been made following this sketch.

For my card, I chose to use a small doily for the main circle. I'm not sure if you noticed, but the scalloped-rectangle piece of paper is a scrap left over from the paper that I used on the layout I shared a few days ago. The title is stamped.....I'm embarrassed to say that I have had that Stampin'Up! stamp set for probably 8 years and I just now cut that stamp out to use on this card. For the flower, I punched out 4 different sized flowers and curled up the edges with a small, wooden skewer. Then I added fine glitter to the edges with some liquid glue and added a small rhinestone in the center. I am really having fun making these 3-dimensional flowers!

I hope you all have a wonderful, crafty day!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card Di!!! Beautiful colors!! Blessings and Hugs!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! That flower is wonderful. I also like the doily. I never thought to use one for some reason but I am going to get some now!

Heidi Mattessich said...

What a beautiful card, Dianne!