Wednesday, May 6, 2009

quilted tote w/ crayon pockets






This was my project for today! I was so excited to actually START and FINISH something in the same day!!!! lol This is a pattern that I couldn't resist. The first thing that I thought of when I saw it was Gracie taking it to church on Sunday's and coloring during Mass. She loves to color and hopefully this will give her a little something to do instead of climbing all over the pews. :-) The pattern is from Clothesline Quilts and it was easy to sew together. The hardest part for me was doing the machine quilting for the body of the tote bag. I had ever machine quilted before, so I just kind of winged it and ended up with some wrinkles in it. I kept telling myself that it was a little bag to hold crayons and it didn't have to be perfect, Gracie would love it anyway. lol And she sure does! I can't wait to try this out this coming Sunday!

Did I forget to mention that this cute pattern for a quilted tote bag that holds crayons actually makes TWO totes???? How fun is that? The second one went together really fast since I knew what I was doing. I also finished the top a little differently. I rolled in the top edge and zig-zag stitched it, instead of folding it down once and then sewing it down with a straight stitch. I really love these fabrics too, but I'm a sucker for anything that's pink and green! (a true sign that I'm forever stuck in the 80's!)

God Bless,
di

p.s. Gracie was so thrilled with her 2 totes. At bedtime last night she brought them both into her room and put them in bed with her. I asked her if she had to sleep with them that night and she smiled at me real big and said, "Yep!". So I let her. Hey, you have to pick your own battles with these stubborn little ones and that was not a battle worth fighting! I quietly pulled them out from under her after she was sound asleep. lol

God Bless!
di

No comments: