Monday, January 12, 2009

burr......time to ramble

Is winter ever here! A cold font is coming in today and it's really getting windy. Not much going on around here. Gracie is still recovering from her bad head cold. It is a rotten cold! I still feel bits of it hanging on and it's been well over a week since I have had it. We spent the weekend watching the football play-offs. I'm kind of excited to see who's going to go to the Super Bowl. My Packers didn't make it, so I'm just enjoying the games and rooting for all of the teams playing! lol I need to start planning some good munchies to have during the Super Bowl. I see a cheese ball in my future!

I haven't been able to scrapbook at all and I can feel it starting to get to me. I really do cherish the time that I have where I can be creative. It is like therapy to me and when I go w/o it for a long time, I start getting uneasy and restless. I did get my January kit from The Scrap Room and it is awesome, like always! I also got that silly Christmas paper from My Minds Eye that I was obsessing about about last month. My Christmas pictures are printed and waiting to go on that super, cute paper! I am wanting to get more involved at a couple of different scrapping sites also. Mainly, the various challenges at The Scrap Room and Faith Sisters with their challenges like the His Holy Name Challenge. I made a huge decision last night. I have been thinking about it all weekend and finally just decided to do it. I am going to start trying to do some digital layouts. What really got me was the "Life 365 Collection" at Weeds and Wildflowers Design. I fell in love with the the instant I saw it. I think this might work the best for me. I did not purchase the Becky Higgins Kit and I have been trying to figure out how I could do the same concept w/ store bought items. The big hang up, and most appealing part of the system, are the pocket page protectors. They are great because you just slip in your photos, a few journaling blocks, maybe an embellished shape and that's it. You're done. The page protectors in the Becky Higgins Kit are specially made (of course!) so finding something similar that would work has been a little difficult. And, I started thinking about price and other materials. That could add up fast. I'm scrapping on a pretty tight budget here and want the most for my money. Anyway, I've been thinking about playing with some digital layotus for awhile and after seeing the "Life 365 Collection" that pretty much made up my mind. I am planning on printing off each layout and putting them in an album or having all of the pages printed off into a book at the end of the year. I think that this will be a good project for me to get used to playing around with digital layouts and then I can start doing other things as soon as I'm more comfortalbe. The big hang-up in making this decision, for me, was that I wasn't going to have a finished layout in my hands when I was done. I am very, very tactile. I love playing with everything that goes into making a traditional scrapbook layout. So, doing everything on the computer is going to be a big change for me. I love the look and the possibilities of what I can do. I just have to get over not feeling everying!

So anyway, that's what's been going on! I didn't mean to ramble on about all of that, but thought I'd share!

Take care, stay warm and God Bless!
di

No comments: