Wednesday, January 7, 2009

finally back!

So I'm finally back after being gone for a bit! We took a trip to Denver the week of New Year's and while we were there I caught a cold, so I got to spend the next few days after being back home, sick with a horrible head cold! We had a wonderful time and I took loads of photos. Hightlights from our trip were touring the Invesco Field @ Mile High-the Denver Broncos football stadium, going up Pikes Peak on a cog train, and climbing around on the rocks at Garden of the Gods. I will share some photos as soon as I have time.

I have spent my afternoon cleaning my scrap area. What a mess! I am anxiously awaiting my January kit from The Scrap Room and I wanted my room all clean and ready so that hopefully I can do some scrapping soon. I'm thinking about printing off my pictures from Colorado as soon as I can and scrapping them in a photo pocket album. I have started doing this with photos from our trip to South Dakota and it works wonderful when you have tons and tons of photos from one event. Takes off a lot of stress and time! I'll share some photos of pages from that album soon.

I am trying to do my take of Project 365 by Becky Higgins. I don't have the kit and won't buy it, so I'm trying to do it on my own with items that I can easily purchase. I have been taking a photo a day and journaling a few sentences about each photo. To help me stay accountable for this, I started a new blog where I will post each days photo/journaling bit. I didn't think that it wouldl be so hard to take a photo a day, but for me it has been! I'm so forgetful! So far I'm doing well and I'm already enjoying looking back on the past weeks photos. I hope that you can try something like this, too, because I think that it will be a very rewarding project!

Happy New Year and God Bless!
di

No comments: