Friday, October 2, 2009

2nd Lost Tooth - layout - Practical Scrappers weekly challenge


I am so excited to have found a great blog called, Practical Scrappers! They focus on using what you have and that's something that I really need to do. I have more than plenty scrapping supplies and now I really need to focus on using them up, not going out and buying more to add to my stash. They have awesome challenges and I am always up for a challenge! This one is for their challenge to use a transparency. I was thrilled to see this, because I bought a stack of transparencies several years ago at a yard sale and I haven't used a single one!

The page is covered by one transparency. Then, I used my Big Shot and a flower die by Spellbinders and I cut flowers out from white and pink card stock. I embossed these using the Spellbinders dies. Then I cut out the same size of flowers from a transparency sheet. I ran those flowers through a Cuttlebug embossing folder. After that, I took some pink acrylic paint and smeared it over one side of the transparency flowers. I also painted one side of the plastic frame, because it was clear and wasn't showing up well, but now that it's painted it shows up great and highlights the tooth in my daughters hand.
I decided to layer things differently, too. I put the pink flowers underneath the big transparency and then placed the white and painted transparency flowers on top of the big transparency. As well as buttons on each flower. I also placed the arrow and plastic frame on top.
I had lots of fun doing this layout and I can't wait to see what other challenges Practical Scrappers has in store!


No comments: