Friday, March 27, 2009

Family Favorite Recipe - Seafood Cakes


This is another recipe that I've been making for years. I actually lost it for a long time and was thrilled to stumble upon it in a huge stack of recipes I had in a box. This recipe was originally from Miracle Whip and something I probably clipped from a magazine, because we don't ever buy Miracle Whip! I use regular mayo. This is for dinner tonight w/ some mixed vegetables and cucumbers in sour cream (another family fave that I need to share!)

Seafood Cakes-

1 - 12 oz can tuna (or 2 five ounce sized cans. I actually double this recipe for our family of 6 & use 4 five ounce cans. My big kids eat several patties.)
1/4 cup mayo
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, green onions, green bell pepper and red bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
oil for frying

1. Mix tuna, mayo, mustard, chopped veggies, seasonings are 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs.
2. Shape mixutre into 2-inch balls, roll in remaining bread crumbs; coating well. Flatten balls into small patties.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add tuna patties and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
6. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.

Yummy! I like to dip mine in Dijon mustard. :-)

Enjoy and God Bless!
di

No comments: